The General Secretary of the European Film Agency Directors (EFADs) will be based in Brussels and will be responsible for the coordination of the EFAD’s activities and meetings.
EFADs is a network of directors of the 28 Film Agencies of the European Union (+ Iceland, Norway and Switzerland). All agencies are government bodies with the responsibility to devise and/or carry out national policies in the audiovisual field and to advise their national governments on future developments in the sector.
On day to day basis we help to ensure audio visual policy supports audiovisual and cinematographic creation in Europe and the effective distribution of European works across Europe and internationally.
EFADs does this by sharing experiences and best practices and to intervening in the framework of international institutions such as the EU, the Council of Europe or UNESCO.
The EFADs meet in plenary sessions three times a year to address issues of common concern and to formulate common positions in relation to audiovisual policy debates at European level; they also meet in working group occasionally to prepare the work to be discussed in plenary sessions.
In recent years, the EFADs have been active in the followings fields:
• State aids- revision of the cinema communication (conditions under which state aids may be granted in the audiovisual field)
• Financing of audiovisual creation at the digital age
• Taxation of Internet Service Providers to fuel audiovisual creation or otherwise involvement of ISPs in the financing of audiovisual content
• Anew European cultural strategy and the Creative Europe programme (formerly the MEDIA Programme)
• EU’s activities to adapt copyright to the digital environment
• Linking film funding and film heritage
Over the next period, it is anticipated that EFADs will prioritise the work on :
• Understanding and advocating the economic and cultural impact of European film
• Ensuring access to finance for audio-visual creation and distribution particularly in relation to new service providers
• Ensuring European film performs better internationally
• EU policies especially the revision of the AVMS-directive, the Creative Europe Programme, copyright issues and the roadmap to digital convergence in the audiovisual field
• Reflecting on ways to improve and develop policy tools to better support the sector
RESPONSABILITIES & DUTIES
The main role of the Secretary General is to coordinate the position of Member States on issues of common interest and to draft common positions to be presented at the European level, to EU institutions.
More particulary, Secretary General will have to:
• Track business related to cinema and audiovisual at the European level and to provide EFADs members with topical information
• Prepare an EFAD “manifesto” aimed at presenting the EFAD network and the importance of the audiovisual sector at European level
• Prepare common position papers, declarations, press releases
• Participate to conference, workgroups … related to European audiovisual matters
• Strong written and verbal communication skill in English and at least in one other European language
• Excellent organisational abilities
• Managerial autonomy
• Ability to deal with administrative procedures
• Ability to handle stress and to respect deadlines
• Ability to synthesize complex arguments
• Demonstrating pro-activity and initiative
• Ability to communicate in writing in English and at least one other European language
• Experience of 3 years in European audiovisual sector
• Strong knowledge of European institutions, policies and procedures
• Experience in coordination works
• Experience of managing public relations campaigns
• Experience of partnership working
Master or Bachelor’s degree
The General Secretary will be responsible to a steering committee by representatives of the EFADs
HOW TO APPLY?
Send a CV and a cover letter in English
for Monday 12th May 2014
by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org